Outta this World
Updated: Oct 3, 2019
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
Jesus left His peace as He departed this world for us to have. It’s here. We just need to utilize it. It’s for the taking. It’s now. Whatever we are going through that needs peace, it’s available. The healing may take time. The process may take time. Recovery takes time. Peace is for the now.
Luke 1:79 to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.”
Do you let Him guide you into the way of peace? Do you know how?
Col 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body.
There it is again, a heart issue. It must rule (umpire like in baseball) my heart.
But how you ask?
Phil 4:6-9 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
1. Everything must be taken to God in prayer…..first. Not second. Not third. Not after we went to 5 friends and the refrigerator.
2. Thanksgiving (if you haven’t heard of Ann Voskamp and her book One Thousand Gifts you might want to check it out) is vital in everything we do, say, and just importantly how we think. This is a lifestyle. Bad things happen to good people. You aren’t thanking God for the hurt you are experiencing or asking for more bad things to happen, you are thanking God that He has the answer to what you are going through. Thanking Him that He is faithful.
3. Request- tell him about it and then request what you need.
4. His peace (which passes what we can understand- how it will work out) is the guard for your heart and mind.
5. How can you actively do this? Choose to think on truth, what is honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable….
6. Find an accountability partners, a mentor, or those around you who practice and live this out. What we focus on is the very thing we empower.