Right Here, Right Now: This morning, as I was contemplating and wondering how some things were going to work out (I know that was vague, wasn't it?), and what I should or shouldn't do, I was reminded of this scripture.
John 6:16-21 Now when evening came, His disciples went down to the sea, got into the boat, and went over the sea toward Capernaum. And it was already dark, and Jesus had not come to them. Then the sea arose because a great wind was blowing. So when they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near the boat; and they were afraid. But He said to them, “It is I; do not be afraid.” Then they willingly received Him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land where they were going.
Let's make it personal:
You're in the middle of the sea (of life), your main support has left (albeit a valid reason), it's dark, and a storm brews. Yippee Skippee. The winds of major change are swirling. You become afraid, not of the storm, but of the answer. Once you recognize relief is here, you welcome it (Him) with open arms. We can do this! Yet to your amazement, immediately you are at your destination!
1. Travel through life when you can see where you are going (mostly). Sometimes you just gotta get in and row to the other side.
2. Sometimes it's not the storm or the darkness that causes us to stumble or be afraid, but the answer.
3. When you feel alone in the dark and stormy, accept those who come to you.
4. Learn what's in the journey instead of trying to out- row the storm.
5. Do you know where you are going? What's on the other side?
6. Right here, right now....you can't miss it. Jesus has you, knows where you are, when to show himself, to calm your storms....and look for those....you don't need to row any longer.....We are here!
Your Keys to Whole Living Team